Carey On with John Carey (See Trailer at the bottom of this page)
Following on from the best selling Handle with Carey and 24seven DVDs, rsvp are proud to present Carey on. 15 solid, practical and strong pieces of commercial card magic with a regular deck of cards. John's trademark stripped down style is once again highlighted in this collection. No pipe dreams, just hard hitting doable card magic.So go and grab a deck of cards and let's Carey on!!!
1. Ambitious all the way - John's beautiful 4 phase ambitious card with an unexpected finale!
2. Packet stroller - A no nonsense piece of card magic using just a few cards and packed with strong magical moments and a memorable climax!
3. Illogical invisible countdown - One of John's favorite approaches to card at a number. So simple, but so strong.
4. Kollossal Sillier! - Mentalism combined with sleight of hand produces a very strong unexpected prediction effect.
5. Opening Salvo - A four of a kind production inspired by Richard Sanders. Minimum work, maximum impact.
6. You have the power!!! - A delightful presentation piece which makes the spectator the star.
7. Classical ambitions - John's tribute to Larry Jennings.
8. Summer of 76 - A powerful sandwich effect inspired by Alan Ackerman.
9. A trick with no name! - Just watch it!!!
10. The Beer glass effect - Another approach to the classic card at a number effect using the Carey approach of minimum work- maximum impact.
11. Bullet snatcher - A short n sweet transformation effect using a great John Bannon idea.
12. Whisper it softly - John's streamlined approach to a Jerry Sadowitz classic.
13. Going for a subway - An action packed approach to the sandwich plot.
14. A little game of true or false - if you like the lie detector plot you will use this.
15. 3 and easy - a hands off divination and discovery of 3 selections using a wonderful Chad Long ruse. Read their tells and their minds!!!
FULL TOOLBOX SECTION: The Tommy Tucker pass 2 Frank Thompson false cuts Hindu bottom control Erdnase colour change- Hofzinzer/ Fechter force Hofzinzer spread cull The optical false shuffle
RUNNING TIME 2.5 HRS - WORLDWIDE PLAYBACK - SHOT IN FULL HD 1920X1080
Posted by Bill Richards on 2nd Sep 2015
I absolutely love this. The thing with John Carey's releases is that they just get better and better.
I am going to agree with another reviewer though and note that some new sleights would have been nice to see in the toolbox, but then again the thing about John Carey magic is that one just doesn't need to be a seriously skilled manipulator of cards. All of his effects I feel are ready to be accomplished by even the complete amateur with just a few hours of practice.
I can't wait for his next installment.
Posted by Dan holloway on 23rd Jul 2012
If you have just got started in magic as I have this DVD is a must. Once practiced you will look like a pro. John Carey is fantastic and makes magic look so natural.
Posted by Craig on 20th Jul 2012
John Carey is a wonderful magician and i love how strong his effects play without the need for difficult sleight of hand. I feel his DVDs are well within the reach of the budding hobbyist like myself.
For me this DVD was the weakest in the trilogy with 'Handle with Carey' being my favourite.
Too many effects start with some kind of set up and i would have liked to see more effects from a spectator shuffled deck.
I like John's toolbox chapter, but unfortunately most of the sleights taught are covered in his other DVDs, some different controls would have been nice.
Overall, this is a good DVD but i think his other outings are better.
Posted by Mike Donoghue on 17th Jul 2012
If you love card magic, GET THIS !
There is not a weak effect on the dvd. As far as card magic goes John Carey is the man. In fact his next dvd should be called "Carey Cares" because he obviously does. As usual John strips away all of the clutter and gets straight to the high impact effect with routines that will grab any lay audience and keep them keen to watch more.
All are good effects but if i had to name my favourites(IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)i would say- ILLOGICAL INVIZ. COUNTDOWN, KOLLOSAL SILLIER, YOU HAVE THE POWER, BEER GLASS EFFECT, SUBWAY & 3 & EASY.
If you work at paid events give John's magic a try & fry people. Highly recomended
Posted by Andy Kean on 17th Jul 2012
If you thought Carey was good before you ain't seen nothing yet!
I truly astonishing DVD
This is real world commercial material from a shuffled deck!
In summary 3 words
"just buy it"
All prices are in USD.